Saturday, July 16, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Wrap Up

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Wrap Up

This was a family event and while I don't think any of us accomplished all of our read-a-thon goals, we did enjoy our time reading on the deck together with the dog.  I love reading on the patio swing in the summer!

So here is what we accomplished.

Georgia (10):

Read one book called Gruffin, from The Dragons of Wayward Crescent series by Chris D'Lacey.  She also read about 75 pages of Icefire by Chris D'Lacey.  D'Lacey is Georgia's favorite author.

Max (13):

Fell short of his goal of reading an hour a day.  Due to many outside distractions (friends) he read about 40 minutes a day and is now on page 104 in Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass.

Me (Booksnob):

The goal was to finish 3 books but I only finished two books.  I read and finished Sugar Changed the World and The Latte Rebellion.  I also read about 20 pages of Volume One, Part Two in War and Peace.  I participated in one reading challenge and also wrote a read-a-thon update and did a few twitter updates as well. 

All in all it was fun and I can't wait to do it again next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment