Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon mini challenge #1

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon mini challenge #1

This challenge is by IB Book Blogging

Mini Challenge Question 1:
What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)?


My favorite type of myth is Greek.  Maybe it is because I have visited Greece and have always been in love with the islands, scenery, mountains and it's history.  I hope to retire to a Greek Island someday and live out the rest of my days.  A girl can always dream.  When I was I Greece, I swear I met poseidon, a man that approached my table at an outdoor restaurant on a island.  This man was wearing sea gear and was fully bearded and he slammed an odd looking fish on my table, all us girls screamed, and then he walked away.  It was quite odd, but an experience I will never forget.  One of the girls I was with, stuck the fish in her water bottle and carried it to the next island.  Never did figure out why poseidon put the fish on our table.

Mini Challenge Question 2:
What is your favorite book with some type of mythology in it?

This is easy. Troy by Adele Geras and The Lightning Thief Series by Rick Riordan.  I also love The Odyssey by Homer  All of these books incorporate the Greek gods into the lives of mortals and mess around with their daily existence.  It is fun to imagine and so fun to read about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment