Sunday, January 30, 2011

Minn Post Book Club Blast

Minn Post Book Club Blast

Today I attended my second Minn Post Book Club Blast at the Loft Literary Center in Minneapolis.  The highlights of the day included a meet and mingle where I met several MN authors, Author speed chats and a Keynote Speech by author David Housewright.

I was able to mingle with
Todd Boss author of Yellowrocket
Erin Hart author of False Mermaid
Laurie Hertzel author of News to Me:  Adventures of an Accidental Journalist
John Reimringer author of Vestments
Joe Kimball author of Secrets of the Congdon Mansion
Kate Ledger author of Remedies

I met Janet Kramer who gave me a copy of her new book The Sion Grail to review.  I am excited to read it.

The author speed chats consist of a 20 minute session where the author speaks and answers questions from the audience.  I really wanted to see Jonis Agee author of The River Wife but I was disappointed to learn that she couldn't come because her husband was ill.  So I attended the speed chats of Erin Hart, John Reimringer and Laurie Hertzel.  I have not read any of these authors books and they all sound so good.  Reimringer and Hertzel are nominated for the Minnesota Book Awards in April.  So many books, so little time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment