Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Two Great Audiobooks

Two Great Audiobooks.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Narrated by Dan Stevens
Length: 8 Hours and 35 minutes.

I started Frankenstein twice.  The first time, I just couldn't get into it, I couldn't follow it and so I quit.  Which I then regretted and so I tried again and I'm so glad I did.  Once the slow beginning was over and I got over my confusion, the story picked up.  Frankenstein was creepy and awesome and addressed all kinds of questions about what it means to be human.  The narrator was great, expressive and after I got used to him, easy to follow.  I cannot believe that Mary Shelley wrote this when she was just 17.  That is incredible!

Rotters by Daniel Kraus
Narrated By Kirby Heyborne
Length: 16 hrs and 23 mins

Rotters was paired with Frankenstein by AudioBook Sync when they gave away both audiobooks last summer for a week for free.  Score!  This was the first I had heard of Rotters and it was a perfect pairing.

If Frankenstein was creepy and awesome, Rotters was more creepy and freaky and also awesome.  Wow, what a great story about a father and son grave robbing team and their assortment of colleagues.  I was blown away by the creative aspects of the story and just the right amount of ick inserted where needed.  The narrator was superb and added to the creepiness of the story. Highly recommend!

What audiobooks are you listening too?