Saturday, August 6, 2011

Zombies vs. Unicorns by Black and Larbalestier

Zombies vs. Unicorns by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier

I never thought I would ever have to pick a side between a zombie and a unicorn.  Who would?  I mean Zombies are gross and they eat people and Unicorns are extinct over rated horses that probably never existed. 

The authors Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier have been arguing for years about zombies and unicorns, and got a bunch of authors to pick sides and write stories about it.  It is like a heavy weight boxing match of stories and the reader is supposed to choose a team to support.  Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?

I have to say all the stories are pretty good and entertaining.  Some are funny and some are totally gross and all are written by young adult authors of high caliber.  Also Holly and Justine argue back and forth throughout the book with Holly supporting Unicorns and Justine supporting Zombies.  I know Justine thinks she wins the battle because she keeps vocalizing it throughout the book, but Holly keeps mildly quiet and seems to be the better sport.

OK, so I know you want to know what team I am on and why.  I chose Team Unicorn!!  Basically Zombies are really gross and make me have bad dreams.  Unicorns are the other hand are historical, magical beings that live in people's imaginations and bring them hope.  Zombies are not hopeful, they are death reincarnated and they are ugly too.  I love myths and horses and history so I guess my choice is basically a no-brainer.  It took me two stories to pick a team.  GO TEAM UNICORN!!!!

Which side are you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment