Saturday, June 18, 2011

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life. Vol. 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life. Vol. 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Scott Pilgrim, is 23 years old and dating a high school student, named Knives.  His roommate is gay and owns everything in their apartment.  Scott is in a rock band and by all appearances he is a happy guy until he starts dreaming about a girl on roller skates.  Turns out roller skate girl is real and her name is Ramona.  Ramona is hot but she comes with baggage, seven evil ex boyfriends, that Scott must defeat if he wants to be with her.  But what about Knives?

I have been wanting to read this graphic novel series for a long time and when I finished volume number one, I immediately went out and bought volume number two.  There are 6 volumes in the series and I believe the film is based on all six.  I am super excited to complete each book and then watch the film.

I brought this book to school and was reading it in the copy room and left it on my desk, well a student borrowed it during class, read the whole thing and promptly asked me for volume 2.  I love it when high school boys get excited about books, especially if I introduce it to them. 

This is a fun, drama filled, exciting, kickass book.  All of the characters are entertaining and unique and keep you turning the page.  O'Malley is a great artist and he has definitely drawn/written the start of a great series.

No comments:

Post a Comment