Thursday, June 17, 2021

Day 81 of The 100 Day Poetry Project

 Day 81 of The 100 Day Poetry Project

I wrote this poem on Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day to anyone who mothers or cares for children. You are so important and I value you. I spent the day with my mom and sister and then went for a hike by myself in the woods and then my son, Max took me out to dinner. It was nice-We went to a tequila bar downtown. So yummy.

I wrote today's poem about my grandma, Gertrude. She loved to play bingo and win money. We always played Bingo on holidays like today. It was so much fun.

I remember riding circles around the pool table while my dad, grandpa, and uncles. So funny to think of us roaring around the small space and the men actually trying to play pool. Honestly, they were probably just hiding so they didn't have to help do the dishes.

Hope all of you are lucky enough to have a great bingo queen in your life.