Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Day 67 of The 100 Day Poetry Project

 Day 67 of The 100 Day Poetry Project

You never know when inspiration will strike and you will have to sit down and write.
I thought of my empty desks today, sitting in my classroom all week without us there and this poem appeared. Teaching right now is awkward. I have 8 students in a class period if I'm lucky and 20 plus students still at home doing distance learning. No one really knows anyone and I've literally met my students for the first time last week. Students don't really know how to be students or even to talk to each other anymore. It's so eerily quiet in the hallways and when I give them a break, they just stay in their seat. We are now going for walks around the building (we are not allowed to go outside) and it's weird but I think they like it. When I came back to school to get ready for students. My room was a time capsule.

I'm learning. I'm growing and expanding myself as a teacher and a learner for sure.