Monday, July 29, 2013

High Summer Read-a-Thon Wrap-up

High Summer Read-a-Thon Wrap-up

I had a great week last week full of reading and literary adventures.  So let me re-cap my goals at the beginning of the Read-a-thon.


These are my goals for the week.
1.  Finish reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.  I am on page 215 right now.

2.  Read 80-90 pages in The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory.  This is for a read-a-long.

3.  Read all of Moonbird by Phillip Hoose.  Try to read a chapter or two a day.

4.  Finish listening to audio book The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I am half done with this audio book.  On Part 5 of ten parts.

5.  Start another book??  Not sure which one yet.

My reading accomplishments:
1.  Finished City of Bones
2. Read 85 pages of The White Queen for a Read-a-Long.
3.  Finished Moonbird by Phillip Hoose
4.  Here is where I faltered.  Only listened to 1 and a half parts and I wanted to finished 5 parts of The Raven Boys.  It is hard for me to listen to audio books uninterrupted.
5.  Started How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff.  I read about 80 pages of this Printz award winning book.
6.  Visited a literary place:  Laura Ingalls Wilder home in Walnut Grove, MN.  It was a wonderful visit and I will write a blog post about it.

I also hosted a mini-challenge for the Read-a-Thon.

WINNER OF THE MINI- CHALLENGE IS:


Congrats Greg.  You win a lovely scarf that I made myself and a book of your choice from this list.
     A.  The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean
     B.  Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog (used)
     C.  A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
     D.  The World to Come by Dara Horn

Let me know which book you would like.

Thanks Michelle for another great Read-a-Thon!!