Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day!

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day!

Happy Halloween!  Today is Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day here on Booksnob. This is my second time participating in the Foodie Pen Pals event and today I get to show you what I got in the mail.  I love food!  Doesn't everyone?

Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean blog has been running this event for over a year now.  If you want to sign up you must do so before November 4th, go to The Lean Green Bean.

I sent my food package to Catherine in Virginia and I received my package from Melissa from Illinois.

Her blog is Running with Needles, at runwithneedles.wordpress.com

My month of October was a bit stressful, with two deaths in the family and a full observation by the principal which was super time consuming.  The foodie package from Melissa arrived on a relaxing day off.  My daughter helped me open it and it was full of yummy snacks.

Here is the lovely note Melissa sent stating that she got most of my food from the local grocery store.  I love trying local food!  The Pumpkin bread was the best and I keep checking grocery stores around here for a similar loaf and I can't find any.  I might have to buy a mix and make my own.


Melissa included a bag of treats for my dog and he loves them.  I give him one a day.  I also got some delicious salsa and the funny thing is, I sent my foodie pen pal Catherine, salsa too.

I love these snacks and of course immediately devoured them.  I'm so glad I got the dark chocolate almonds (my absolute favorite) because my husband and kids don't like dark chocolate and I got to eat them all by myself!

Thanks Melissa!!