Friday, October 12, 2012

Banned Books Week Winner!

Banned Books Week Winner!

Last week there was a contest on Booksnob to win a banned book of your choice from the 10 most banned books of 2011.  I would like to congratulate the winner:

Kylie from Oregon.

Kylie chose the book The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.  This is a fabulous book and all the 9th graders read this at the school I teach at.  Good Choice!  Your book is in the mail Kylie.

Here are the top ten banned books of 2011.
#1  ttyl series.
#2 The Color of Earth series
#3 The Hunger Game series
#4 My Mom's Having a Baby
#5 The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian
#6 Alice series
#7 Brave New World
#8 What My Mother Doesn't Know
#9 Gossip Girl series
#10 To Kill a Mockingbird


         

If you click on the image it will bring you to Amazon and a description of the book.  If you purchase a book from the link, I get a small commission and I use that money and reinvest it back into my blog. 

Thanks,
Happy Reading and
Have a great weekend!!