Monday, January 30, 2012

Where Are You Reading Challenge Update

January Update:  Where Are You Reading? Challenge 2012.

This month I have read some really good books but none of them happen to take place in the United States.  Usually one person or character from the book is from somewhere in the U. S. but the majority of the book takes place in a foreign country.  I love learning about places in the world and as a world history teacher I must be drawn to books that teach me something new about the world.

I read one book that takes place 400 years into the future and another book that didn't give the exact location.  These two books are not included.

Here are my books, review links and locations for January:
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay.  Takes place in FRANCE
Little Princes by Conor Grennan.  Takes place in NEPAL
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett.  Takes place in BRAZIL
Between Light and Shadow by Jacob Wheeler.  Takes place in GUATEMALA

Check out my map on Google Maps.
View Where are you reading challenge 2012 in a larger map

 

Basically I am not planning to win this challenge,  I just want to see where I am reading and record the fabulous places I get to visit in my mind. 
I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment