Saturday, October 9, 2010

Armchair Traveling mini-challenge for the Readathon

Armchair Travel:  I am a big fan of traveling through books and today's challenge has taken me to Venice in Italy, Spain, and the streets of Chicago.  I will try and show you a few landmarks.

In The Book of Unholy Mischief, I spent a lot of time reading about the Rialto.  Here is a picture of the Rialto bridge and a gondola in the canals of Venice.  Can I just say, that I desperately want to visit Venice.  It looks so beautiful.



The next stop in The Book of Unholy Mischief is Cadiz, Spain.  It was a Moorish stronghold and so the picture of the city below, I hope, presents a Moorish temple or a Catholic Cathedral.  I have never heard of this city in Spain until I read about it today and searched for a photo for the mini-challenge.  It is beautiful.  I think I need to go on a Mediterranean cruise.


Lastly, I present an image of Clark Street in Chicago, Illinois.  I have been to Chicago but not to this street.  The novel I am currently reading takes place on this street, it is called, The Accidental King of Clark Street.

 

So I have traveled far and wide today and hope to continue to a new city or country.
  Ciao!