Friday, February 26, 2021

Day 1 of The 100 Days Poetry Project

 Day 1 of The 100 Days Poetry Project

I started a creative poetry project on Jan 31st, 2021. I joined #the100dayproject on Instagram and decided to write one poem every day for 100 days and then create an image and put the poem out on Instagram aka "into the world" for all to read. I decided to also share it on my blog.

My first poem is Moon Walk. I'm sharing an excerpt of the first stanza of my first draft. 

I met a group of friends I haven't seen for months to join me for a walk outdoors under the light of the full moon. It was cold and it was glorious. Then some of us went to an ice bar and had dinner at a speakeasy. I loved every second of the moonwalk.

I hope you enjoy this poem. And next time there is a full moon- go out for a moonwalk. 

Follow me on Instagram @booksnob 24