Wednesday, September 9, 2015

August Author in the Spotlight Wrap-Up

August Author in the Spotlight Wrap-Up

August came and went by so fast for me. I went back to teaching high school and this is the start of my 21st year in Minneapolis.  My daughter and I took a short trip to Door County, Wisconsin for a Girls only weekend.  It was so awesome.  My son got his first job working at the State Fair.  I submitted three of my poems to a Literary Magazine for a poetry contest.  My first time sharing my writing with a wider audience.  I also read 8 books this month.

One of my favorite books this month was The Shadow Behind the Stars by Rebecca Hahn, who is the Minnesota Author in the Spotlight for August.

Below are some highlights of Rebecca's Author feature for August.

There was a giveaway of The Shadow Behind the Stars and we have two winners.
Click this link to find out more about the winners.
The Shadow Behind the Stars Giveaway

Check out the book review of The Shadow Behind the Stars.  I enjoyed the heck out of this book and hope my review reflects that.  The story itself moves quickly and has some surprises and twists and turns to keep the pages turning.  Full of elements of philosophy, the Shadow Behind the Stars is a creative retelling of an old classic story.


Next check out the author interview with Rebecca Hahn.  I had a chance to ask her some questions about her newest book, The Shadow Behind the Stars, which was released on September 2nd.  I also asked about fiber art, her favorite YA authors and Greek Myths and so much more.


Don't forget to read the guest post by Rebecca.  She has written a guest post on the "other" books, the books she didn't actually write.  She thought she was writing a trilogy and it didn't happen.  Read this to find out why and to gain some insight into the some of the characters in her book, The Shadow Behind the Stars.


I am currently reading Rebecca's first book, A Creature of Moonlight and loving it as well.  I really enjoy Rebecca's writing style and I am so glad I met her at the YA Lit Fest in May and hope I can work with her in the future.  I hope you get a chance to read Rebecca's books and visit her
at her website:  http://rebeccahahnbooks.com/