Friday, February 4, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question is:

"What are you reading now and why are you reading it?"


I can never read just one book at a time. So I am reading 5 books right now. 
1.  Blue by Lou Aronica, I am reading this for a book tour and am hoping the author will do a guest post and a interview with me on  my blog next week.
2.  Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.  I am reading this aloud to my two children who love this series.  We are halfway done and I anticipate finishing in May.
3.   Hole in my Life by Jack Gantos.  I am reading this book aloud to my 2nd hour 9th grade class.  Really interesting story about this authors mistakes.  He was caught smuggling drugs and incarcerated.  Then he wrote a book.  Really entertaining.
4.  A Long Way Gone.  Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
  Reading this aloud to 4th hour World Studies class.  It is a really powerful story.
5.  My Name is Number 4.  A True Story from the Cultural Revolution by Ting-Xing Ye 
I am reading this book aloud to my 5th hour World studies class.  It is really shocking and disturbing.  An excellent read-aloud.

My motto:  Always read something.


No comments:

Post a Comment