Friday, February 4, 2011
"What are you reading now and why are you reading it?"
I can never read just one book at a time. So I am reading 5 books right now.
1. Blue by Lou Aronica, I am reading this for a book tour and am hoping the author will do a guest post and a interview with me on my blog next week.
2. Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. I am reading this aloud to my two children who love this series. We are halfway done and I anticipate finishing in May.
3. Hole in my Life by Jack Gantos. I am reading this book aloud to my 2nd hour 9th grade class. Really interesting story about this authors mistakes. He was caught smuggling drugs and incarcerated. Then he wrote a book. Really entertaining.
4. A Long Way Gone. Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
Reading this aloud to 4th hour World Studies class. It is a really powerful story.
5. My Name is Number 4. A True Story from the Cultural Revolution by Ting-Xing Ye
I am reading this book aloud to my 5th hour World studies class. It is really shocking and disturbing. An excellent read-aloud.
My motto: Always read something.
Posted by Laura BookSnob at 3:57 PM