Thursday, April 22, 2010

Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas





Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas by Louise Rennison

Louise Rennison has written a series of hilarious books for teens and women who remember being a teen. Georgia Nicolson is the main character in the books. She is a rowdy, saucy and a completely out of whack 14 year old. She has a fat old cat named Angus who is in love with a vixen next door. A serious dad who she can't stand because he is ruining her life as a teenager. She has a little sister who follows her around, dances naked in the house and embarrasses her frequently. Her mother has simply lost all control of her.

I have read three books in the series and plan to finish all ten by the end of the year. I consider these stories my book candy. The are funny and a little off kilter but a delicious romp through teenagerhood. I laugh out loud every time I read one. Plus, these are the best book titles out there.

My daughter, like the main character in the books, is named Georgia and so I am saving these books to give to her when she turns thirteen in about four years. Every time I laugh out loud, my Georgia is curious to know what is so funny.

The first book in the series ANGUS, THONGS, AND FULL-FRONTAL SNOGGING won the Printz award. This is my favorite book award because I tend to love all the books on the winners list. The second book ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I'M NOT THE GIRLFRIEND OF A SEX GOD is just as good as the first as Georgia finally gets her man (a much older teen in a band). The third book KNOCKED OUT BY MY NUNGA-NUNGAS has a lot of snogging going on. She learns ear snogging and nip libbling. I love her snogging scale and wish I had thought of that when I was a teen.

I highly recommend these creative books to fun seeking teens and their mothers. You will learn a little British speak, and pee your pants because you won't be able to stop laughing. Oh and now there is a movie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment