Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waterfall Wednesdays Read-Along

Waterfall Wednesdays Read-Along Week #4
Pages read:  274-
Chapters read:  18-23

Here are the discussion questions and my answers for the read-along.  This week's questions are provided by:
 Nic at Irresistible Reads


1.  After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic.  Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell.  Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?

I wish I could answer no to the question, but I know that I would take the tonic because I want to trust the doctor and because I wouldn't want to offend the doctor or Marcello.  I don't like this polite version of myself because I end up doing things I really don't want to, all because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  

2.  Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them.  But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win.  Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?

I think Lia makes the right decision and I am so glad she beat the pants off of Lord Forabosch but it could come back and bite her in the butt, so to speak.  I think Lia and Gabi should be suspicious of Lord Forabosch as it is he who I believed poisoned her.  Lord Forabosch is only worried that Gabi is going to steal Marcello away from Lady Rossi.  I am glad Lia put him in his place.

3.  When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth.  Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her.  Do you think this is believable?  What would you have done if you were Marcello?

If I were Marcello, I would have believed my true love and followed her to the ends of the time.  I think it is believable but I did question why Gabi had no wounds or illness when she returned.  I think time would NOT have erased the wounds so easily, so how was she miraculously cured?  Still wondering.

4.       In the end Gabi and Lia return home.  Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?

Heck Ya!  She will definitely return and I also think now that Luca and Marcello know of the portal and how to access it they will show up in modern Italy.   I would go back to steal kisses and visit but I probably would not stay permanently.  I just prefer living in modern world while I learn and experience the past.

5.  Looking back at Waterfall what was your favorite moment?

Great Question.  I guess my favorite moments are when Gabi is wearing her skinny jeans and she is asked to change and do her hair and she cannot figure out how to do it properly.  They definitely think she is odd and I love how she uses modern words and they just stare at her like she's an idiot and she has to improvise with a proper term.  I am looking forward to the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment