Friday, June 19, 2015

Amazing Book Friends, I NEED your Help.

I Need Help from My Amazing Book Friends.

Hey Everyone, I need your help.  I'm taking nine amazing high school students to Peru on Monday.  We are all so excited and scared at the same time.  I have been trying to raise money to help defray the costs of this expensive, amazing, life changing experience for my students but have fallen very short of my goal.  At this point we are at 17 percent.  I am praying that we can reach at least 50 percent by Sunday.  Here is why.

My teaching partner and I have written several grants this year and as a result are able to take five economically disadvantage students on this trip for a low cost.  This is the first time on a airplane for these high school students and the first time out of the country.  They all come from single parent homes that have multiple children.  Four of these students are Native American.  This GoFundMe campaign is to help pay for tips ($111.00 per student) and lunch, which is not included in the cost.  We also want some money to take them to cultural activities and to give them a authentic experience so they don't have to constantly worry about money and if they can afford to do this or that activity.

Here is the link for the Go Fund Me, I set up 6 months ago.
If you like what I do here on BookSnob and if I have helped you in any way with a book recommendation or a book review, can you please tip me by adding 5 or 10 dollars to this fund?. I have not earned any money while writing this blog.  Can you please spare some money to help these students out? $5.00 would cover lunch for one student.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you!!!
I plan to post a Peru literary travel reading list when I return.
Please share this post and spread the word. THANK YOU!