Monday, July 8, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon mini challenges #1

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon mini challenges.  DAY ONE

OK so every read-a-thon comes with mini challenges and so my goal is to participate in at least one per day but today I am going to do both soooo, here goes.

The first one is by Cover2Cover blog.
I need to answer these three questions.


1. Which book you are most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon.

Oh my gosh so many books to choose from that I can't pick just one.  I am excited to read THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO by Patrick Ness.  This is my book club pick.  I am excited to read LIFE AFTER LIFE by Kate Atkinson and I am excited to read the first installment of THE MORTAL INSTRUMENT SERIES.  Oh and I can't forget ANYTHING BUT ORDINARY by Lara Avery.

2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading ALL of the other good things?

I would definitely reread GONE WITH THE WIND by Margaret Mitchell.  It is my favorite book of all time and I read it about 20 years ago.  I should probably reread it soon.

3. and lastly, If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?

I would choose to meet AUGUSTUS from THE FAULT IN MY STARS by John Green.  Augustus is my book boyfriend and I love him and all he represents.  He is an amazing character.  Probably one of the best male characters to hit literature in a long time.

The next challenge is from BookBFFs.
I need to talk about my book BFF.

My very best book buddy is Stephanie from Steph the Bookworm.  

I met Stephanie by following her blog and one day she had a post searching for a book buddy.  She wanted to correspond with someone who would help support each other in their reading goals and email back and forth for at least a year.  So I signed myself up and Steph and I became book buddies and we are still friends. It is amazing how book blogging is a way to not only communicate your love of books but also leads you to find like minded people as your friends.

OK, now I have to get back to reading.
See you tomorrow.