I had a great week last week full of reading and literary adventures. So let me re-cap my goals at the beginning of the Read-a-thon.
These are my goals for the week.
1. Finish reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I am on page 215 right now.
2. Read 80-90 pages in The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory. This is for a read-a-long.
3. Read all of Moonbird by Phillip Hoose. Try to read a chapter or two a day.
4. Finish listening to audio book The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I am half done with this audio book. On Part 5 of ten parts.
5. Start another book?? Not sure which one yet.
My reading accomplishments:
1. Finished City of Bones
2. Read 85 pages of The White Queen for a Read-a-Long.
3. Finished Moonbird by Phillip Hoose
4. Here is where I faltered. Only listened to 1 and a half parts and I wanted to finished 5 parts of The Raven Boys. It is hard for me to listen to audio books uninterrupted.
5. Started How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff. I read about 80 pages of this Printz award winning book.
6. Visited a literary place: Laura Ingalls Wilder home in Walnut Grove, MN. It was a wonderful visit and I will write a blog post about it.
I also hosted a mini-challenge for the Read-a-Thon.
WINNER OF THE MINI- CHALLENGE IS:
Greg from Greg Hill book blog
Congrats Greg. You win a lovely scarf that I made myself and a book of your choice from this list.
A. The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean
B. Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog (used)
C. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
D. The World to Come by Dara Horn
Let me know which book you would like.
Thanks Michelle for another great Read-a-Thon!!