Friday, November 30, 2012

Foodie Penpal Reveal Day

Foodie Penpal Reveal Day

Today is Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day here on Booksnob. This is my third time participating in the Foodie Pen Pals event and today I get to show you what I got in the mail.  I love food!  Doesn't everyone?

Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean blog has been running this event for over a year now.  Everyone is encouraged to donate food to the food shelf in the month of December and she will be organizing foodie penpals again in January.  If you want to sign up you must do so after December 18th, go to The Lean Green Bean.

I sent my food package to Stephanie in Michigan and I received my package from Amanda in Tennessee.
This is Amanda's website:   (http://romancingtheunusual.com)

My November has been busy with cleaning and cooking for Thanksgiving.  We served dinner for 32 people which included three turkeys and 20 pounds of potatoes.  My foodie package arrived on Saturday after the Holiday, just  in time for me to put my feet up and relax.  Here is what Amanda sent.

I told Amanda I want to eat more health foods including raw and sprouted foods.  So she got me Sprouted sweet potato tortilla chips and they are delicious.  Also included is carmel popcorn, apple clusters, and some awesome smelling Chai tea.  Chai tea is one of my absolute favorites as well as the pumpkin bread mix which I plan to make this weekend and top with a cream cheese topping.  Yum!  

 Did you notice the Elvis dark chocolate?  Dark chocolate is the best and my husband loves Elvis so naturally he wanted to keep the candy bar as a memento and I said no way!  I am eating it.  What would you do?  I cannot resist dark chocolate.


Here is the lovely note Amanda sent on a postcard from Tennessee.  Some day I want to visit there but until then I will enjoy some food from a beautiful place.

Thanks Amanda!!