Monday, October 1, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals Reveal Day!

The Lean Green Bean
Foodie Pen Pals Reveal Day!!

Last month, I discovered the foodie blog, The Lean Green Bean.  Lindsay runs the Foodie Pen Pals and she has been running this program for over a year now.  I decided to try it for the first time in September (who doesn't love food) and today is reveal day, where I get to show you what I got in the mail.

If you want to sign up, go to The Lean Green Bean  before October 4th.  Anyone can participate, you don't need to be a blogger.  I already signed up and I am already busy planning what I am going to do for my October pen pal.

Last month on September 5th, I was e-mailed my pen pal.  Her name is Michele from Pennsylvania and these are her blogs,  www.shelze.blogspot.com and piratebootyfitness.blogspot.com 
You can check out what I got her at these websites.

The person who had me was also named Michelle except she is from Massachusetts.  When my package arrived, my two excited kids helped me open it.  It was so exciting to see what was inside.

Michelle wrote a lovely note and talked about how she sent me some of her favorite things.  Some of the things she sent me I have never seen or heard of but I love expanding my foodie palette so I am thankful for everything she gave me.


So here is the list of goodies sent by Michelle.
Tazo Iced Passion tea.  You mix it with lemonade and it is delicious.  Seriously, this drink is awesome.
Pumpkin Butter.  I plan to make pumpkin bread and top it with this butter.
Chile Spiced Mangoes
Maple Champagne mustard.  Can't wait to try with pretzels as Michelle suggested.
Penzey's spices
       a.  Sandwich Sprinkle
       b.  Wasabi
(I have never, ever tried these spices, so I e-mailed Michelle and she sent me a pork recipe with Wasabi to try.  She also mentioned that she mixes it with sour cream to put on a baked potato)  Can't wait to cook it up for my husband.

I have been eating the Chile Spiced Mangos and they are spicy, sweet.  I have one every day when I get home from teaching and it is a special treat I have looked forward to all month.
You need to try this dried fruit, who knew it would be so good??

Thanks Michelle!!
I love everything.
Looking forward to next month.