So far the read-a-thon is going great.
My daughter has read two books:
1. No Such Thing as Dragons by Philip Reeve
2. Smile by Raina Tegemeier
She has started a 3rd book called One Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes.
Booksnob (I) have finished two books:
1. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
2. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
I have started a 3rd book called The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield.
**I am going to Participate in MY SERYNITI'S mini challenge based on the Page 99 Test Challenge: Here is what you do:
- Pick a book that you have on your to read list this week.
- Turn to page 99.
- Read page 99!
- Now, from that page post in comments or link back to your updates on what you think of the book. Would you continue reading based only on the page 99 test?
Here is one quote from page 99 that made me want to keep reading.
"She wished she could tell the men of the family that she was scared to death of Ras Ballenger, and ask them to be on the lookout for him and protect her from him. But she couldn't. If she asked for help, she'd have to explain about breaking the rules, and that would take more courage than she had in her."