I see lots of Book Bloggers participate in this challenge and so I thought this year, is my year, to join the fun. It is the 5th year of the challenge but the first year I am joining in and I am super excited. I looked at the categories and then on my book shelves and found lots of possibilities. I think now I am totally obsessing about filling my categories and am trying to find a creepy crawly book on my shelf and it is totally in hiding. Feel free to leave book suggestions.
If you are interested the challenge is run by Beth at www.BethFishReads.com
Here are the categories:
Between January 1 and December 31, 2012, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley
- A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title: Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas
- A book with a creepy crawly in the title: Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm
- A book with a type of house in the title: The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Ape House
- A book with something you'd carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: Sarah's Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary
- A book with a something you'd find on a calendar in the title: Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking
Other Things to Know
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.