Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reading Review and 2011 challenges

2010 Year in Review:
I started blogging in February of 2010 and haven't looked back.  Blogging has been a wonderful experience and has increased my knowledge of books, authors and the world wide web ten fold.  Last year I read 70 books and wrote 178 blog posts.  I participated in reading challenges, read-a-longs, and read-a-thons.  I really love read-a-longs and read-a-thons and hope to participate in many more although being a teacher it is hard to balance all that grading time when I would rather be reading.   I hosted my first Read-a-Thon in June where I tackled Moby Dick, I held contests and met lots of great authors and publicists.  I can't wait to see what new experiences are awaiting me in 2011.

2010 Challenges Completed.
I participated in the Graphic Novel Challenge and completed the intermediate level reading 4 graphic novels.
I participated in Young Adult Novel Challenge and read 20 young adult titles last year.  I am very  pleased with both challenges and plan to continue them this year and hope to increase my totals.

2011 Challenges
Graphic Novel Challenge:  I plan to complete the intermediate level
again this year and hope to increase the number of graphic novels read from 4 to at least 5.

YA Reading Challenge:  I plan to complete the Fun size level which is the same as last year reading 20 Young Adult Novels.  If you haven't read any YA lately you ought to give it a try and a lot of the novels are well written and deal with issues our youth confront everyday.

Historical Fiction Challenge:

This is the first time I am participating in this challenge and I pretty excited.  I love historical fiction, in fact historical fiction is my true love type of books.  Did you know I am a history teacher?  I am going to try and read 10-15 historical fiction books this year and succeed in reading the Struggling with Addiction level.

So there you have it.  I expect great things in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment