Saturday, October 9, 2010

24 hour Readathon update

Read-A-Thon update #2.

Pages read so far:  293
Hours read so far:  5 hours and 51 minutes
Challenges entered:  3

OK, things are picking up here.  My daughter spent the afternoon playing with a friend so I had time to read and do a few challenges.  I just completed reading a book and am ready to start my 3rd book today.  I just finished reading The Accidental King of Clark Street by Diane Dryden.  It was a lighthearted fun read and reminded me how important it is to be part of a community, like the book blogging community. 

My goal is read 1000 pages and I am a bit behind.  So my next book is going to be a quick read and then I am on to a young adult novel written in prose called Fallout by Ellen Hopkins.  It is almost 700 pages and will hopefully put me where I want to be at the end of the readathon.

The charity I am reading for is The Women's Prison Book Project and I have several sponsors.  I am sponsoring myself for a penny a page.  I feel that by reading for a charity it is pushing me to keep going. 

So now comes the hard part, staying awake late into the night.