Monday, June 14, 2010

Michael L Printz Award



If you have been reading my posts you probably know by now that the Printz award is my favorite book award. Here is why. Just about every book I read that is a Printz honor or award winner is awesome! The award is relatively new and so I only have to read back ten years to finish all the books and I like that in a list. I am 28 percent done with the list as of today! Yalsa (Young Adult Library Services Association) puts out the list every year. Three cheers for Yalsa!! Oh and if you haven't noticed I crossed out the books I have read so far. I will post an update on my progress every six months or so. Also take a look around my blog for Printz book reviews I have done.


The List

2010

Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Charles and Emma: The Darwins' Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
Punkzilla by Adam Rapp
Tales of the Madman Underground: An Historical Romance, 1973 by John Barnes

2009

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation; Volume II: The Kingdom on the Waves by M.T. Anderson
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Nation by Terry Pratchett
Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan


2008

The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean
Dreamquake: Book Two of the Dreamhunter Duet by Elizabeth Knox
One Whole and Perfect Day by Judith Clarke
Repossessed by A.M. Jenkins
Your Own, Sylvia: A Verse Portrait of Sylvia Plath by Stephanie Hemphill


2007

American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation; Volume I: The Pox Party by M.T. Anderson

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Surrender by Sonya Hartnett
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


2006

Looking for Alaska by John Green
Black Juice by Margo Lanagan
I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
John Lennon: All I Want Is the Truth, a Photographic Biography by Elizabeth Partridge
A Wreath for Emmett Till by Marilyn Nelson


2005

how i live now by Meg Rosoff
Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
Chanda’s Secrets by Allan Stratton
Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt


2004

The First Part Last by Angela Johnson
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

Keesha’s House by Helen Frost
Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going
The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler


2003

Postcards from No Man’s Land by Aidan Chambers
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

My Heartbeat by Garret Freymann-Weyr
Hole in My Life by Jack Gantos


2002

A Step From Heaven by An Na
The Ropemaker by Peter Dickinson
Heart to Heart: New Poems Inspired by Twentieth-Century American Art by Jan Greenberg Abrams
Freewill by Chris Lynch
True Believer by Virginia Euwer Wolff

2001

Kit’s Wilderness by David Almond
Many Stones by Carolyn Coman
The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci
Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson by Louise Rennison
Stuck in Neutral by Terry Trueman


2000

Monster by Walter Dean Myers
Skellig by David Almond

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad the HTML tagging worked. The del tag is a very useful one for book bloggers :)

    Love the Printz Award, too. I look forward to reading all your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you at my blog! Please stop by and pick it up: http://bibliophiliac-bibliophiliac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you so much. This is awesome. I will definitely book mark this page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly recommend Jellicoe Road. I think it is my favorite Printz book yet! A little slow to get into, but once you get past the first 100 pages you don't want to put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, visiting via the Book Blog Hop. Thanks for posting about The Printz Project...I might join the challenge too, looks good.

    ReplyDelete